Sunday, January 27, 2008

Dances with Death

Pink moon peers through my window
With his longing steals the key
Haunts me with his wanton woeful
Face, he looks on me

Pink moon listens at my door
While I shift and move inside
Opening to be his whore
Wanting to confide

I break the paint and crank glass panes
And open to the night
Breeze floods in sweet smell of bane
And all that pale pink light

And just when I begin to speak
He pinches off the flow
And binds the sweet release I seek
Caressed with voice so low

No, not now he says so soft
I barely hear his words
He winds his way into my loft
And beckons me with chords

That promise holds of pleasure’s pain
The music of restraint I feign
It moves me, minor notes they strain
My brain, I am no longer sane!

Just then he pulls his pink moonlight
Back through the open door
And as he walks into the night
I call out wanting more

From far away I hear his song
While colorless and cold
I lay in pools of longing
My quilts of love unfold

And dance outside my window
Dance bring down the moon
Bring down that pale and rosy moon so low
It falls to swoon

Then suddenly, surprisingly
His hand is up my skirt
Pink light on bare skin dancing
With Death I am the flirt

He throws me down onto the ground
Into night garden’s dirt
And pounds me down ‘til I am found
No longer can avert

The knowing I am Queen of Death
Persephone I die
The little death, exhale the breath
To live again, come, hie!

August 22, 2005
Copyright 2005
All rights reserved



2 comments:

yours truly said...

Beautiful poetry, Linda! So tangible and the flow is rythmic. Lovely! I hope all is well with you!

Lora

Submit your advice said...

je me suis senti un petit mort au bout de la lecture, moi-même, sans gêne. ça chauffe! fait par express, non? ce n'est pas comme la pink moon de Nick Drake, par example.

I saw it written and I saw it say
Pink moon is on its way
And none of you stand so tall
Pink moon gonna get you all
Its a pink moon
Its a pink, pink, pink, pink, pink moon.

n2k, c'est pas pire, ton poeme.