Thursday, July 26, 2007

Firing the Grid

Morning Bloggers, this piece is from my “Manifesting with the Moon” series. I am referring in this writing to the recent surge in the stream of consciousness initiated by Shelley Yates and her Fire the Grid (firethegrid dot org; Shelley Yates at youtube) and to my following of the moon’s phases in doing my creative work:

MotherSource Speaks – The World of Blog
Waxing Gibbous Moon – July 26, 2007
Moonwalkers, how did you “fire the grid” after our last communication, the one just before the new moon? The morning of that world-wide meditation, July 17th coincided with the crescent moon – an excellent time to be beginning or “firing” up a new project or a new phase/commitment in your life. I can tell you I didn’t feel any fireworks, even though I actively participated in the process. I made an altar and flanked my meditation circle with standing candles -- I burned patchouli incense for instilling the atmosphere with passion and joy and played the peaceful music from the “fire the grid” website for insuring the frequency for firing.

But though I felt no greater energetic presence or vibration than usual (and maybe not as powerful as I’ve felt on other occasions), I had a strong sense that something very good was happening. Just the awareness that so many people from many different persuasions were participating was uplifting. The thing is, this “happening” was happening while I was in the midst of a ten day summer writers’ bootcamp where I was committed to writing a thousand words a day! Phew!

So I used the fire in my grids for that project, and it has already been fruitful, even though the moon is not yet full—so there is WHAT?? Yes, that’s right, Moonwalkers, MORE TO COME!! And already more has come. From my writing program, I have been guided towards setting up a blog on blogspot dot com, a Google managed blogging program. What FUN! In just the last few days, I have launched my new blog, and have been writing a post each day. I am identified there as “In her own Voice”.

I’d love to have you stop by—however, if you choose to leave a comment there for me, it will be necessary for you to take three minutes or so and open a google account. There’s no way to post your comment without applying your google ID. It’s actually quite a world to explore. Already I have found the most interesting and readable sites with subjects of all kinds—layers and layers in which to muse, amuse, peruse and just be delighted with the variety of human talent and experience!

Some of you know, I’ve had on the table for some time, setting up a website, and I actually had someone beginning that work for me, but that began to get bogged down with various and asundry obstacles. This blog site has been the perfect answer to my needs for now and it offers so many tools for learning and practicing all the skills needed for actually managing my own website someday. (Which is what I have really wanted rather than having a webmaster to manage for me.) That will come later when my creation has grown too large and unwieldy for me to handle.

So you see, Moonwalkers, even though I felt no special surge of energy while “firing the grid” in the dawn time of July 17th, I did soon after pick up on what I had put out there for myself. In other words, I seeded the future with the energetic charge, and then it was there for me when the alignments were most favorable! And so it can be for you!

By the way, the Noetic Sciences’ Global Consciousness Project measured the consciousness in the way they have designed and found that there was a significant difference in their readings during that hour designated to our group meditation. If you’d like to check out their data, let me know. I am going to try Caffeinated Librarian’s instructions for putting in a link here, but not sure yet if I will be able to pull that off!

Anyway, Moonwalkers, the moon here in Houston will be full on July 29 at 7:48 pm. I will be walking in more and more of this lovely passionate and creative energy! How about you?

12 comments:

singinghawk said...

Good Morning in her own voice! Well this is an interesting post. I know nothing about "Firing the Grid" and moon phases. Although I have noticed that I do have a certain connection with the moon which is most apparent during the week of the full moon. During this time, especially the day of the full moon, I feel a surge of energy that brings me into a deeper state of consciousness where I experience a mental intensity and keenness...not to mention the sharp claws and the hair growing on my back! But, in all seriousness, I haven't found anyone who doesn't laugh when I explain this! But I have the feeling that perhaps you also have some sort of moon experience?

And I didn't know there was a world-wide meditation day! I've never meditated in the standard way...the lotus position and "ommmmm" and candles and such, but do find myself in a meditative space whenever I'm immersed in the creative process....quite a lovely experience.

And here is how to add a link list to your blog:

Go to Customize, click on "Add a page element," a pop-up box should appear, find "Link List" and click "add to blog." Type in the url address and name and click on "save changes." Voila!

All Is Whole said...

I walk alone.

Smiles :)

In her own Voice said...

Prashant,
...don't we all, in the end?

yours truly said...

Oh Famous Moon! I also helped "fire the grid" ... how "funny" to run across your blog! Nice writing. Thanks for a peak and "a day in the life of." I'll stop by again. Full moon's on Monday; Good night to set out stones and crystals for clearing!

In her own Voice said...

Thanks for stopping by Lora--appreciate your contribution to "firing the grid"! Your jewelry's lovely and your rooster, well, quite "cocky"!

In her own Voice said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me such a lovely comment on your moon happenings. You and your Onagocog are becoming my muse (I say in singular b/c now I know you are one with him!) I will be writing a post soon on moon stuff.

And thanks also for the useful info on how to add links of blogs you like. You are now in my panel on "Cool Art".

In her own Voice said...

...above is to Ana Banana

Unknown said...

Oh Famous Moon,
Thank you for stopping by my blog. I always love to have visitors and see what they are up to.

It's a shame that I didn't know there was a day of meditation. I too would have loved to put some energy into the process on that day.

Well back to preparing to tie the knot with my love in august.

P.L. Frederick said...

Fire the Grid was/is a way cool opportunity, wasn't it? I don't know a whole lot about the worldwide meditation other than hearing from friends that it was an hour where people meditated for Worldwide Peace. Didn't need to know any more than that: sign me up!

The biggest things in this world may be unseen but they are not unknowable.

Thank you for commenting on my blog, Small and Big and for linking to it. I've added Oh Famous Moon to my Linky Links page. Beautiful name for your blog, by the way.

Oh, and welcome to the Internet!

P.L. Frederick
Small and Big

*FiNdIng*BeAuTiFuL*me* said...

hey in her own voice!!! i do not know you but saw you had some pretty awesome stuff on there!!! wow, keep up the good work!!! :)

Mateo Armenta said...

What an interesting post. I would really like to participate on the next "fire the grid".

In her own Voice said...

Thank you for stopping by and posting comments PL, "beautiful", and yo. I haven't scrolled down here in a while, so I missed your kind words until now!