Friday, August 10, 2007

Dark Moon Mama

At this point in my blogger enterprise, readers, I'm feeling conflicted. I don't know if this is typically what happens to a person after the first few weeks of writing in these pages, or if this is just something going on with me right now--just because I am who I am and have my own patterns of inner conflict. I know I'm not having writer's block, or any lack of ideas--in fact I feel overrun with ideas.

There's been a great flurry of activity in the group process of our "progressive" interest community and I know my energies have been pulled towards facilitation in that direction--and this has led me to doing more political reading than writing. I know I'm also struggling to stay focused on my original intent for creating this blog--to give a home for, a structure for my own creative process. It's easy to get distracted by the currents and flow of other writers here and to get caught up in the activity of current events rather than using their impact as prompts for tapping into my my own intuitive reserves.

It's also difficult to keep a clear image of who my readership is. When I write to my newsletter group, I know who they are--I can picture their faces, their potential responses to my message. I have diverse interests and diverse groups of people connected to those various areas of my own study or entertainment. Each time I write to one, I feel I'm leaving another out--disappointing someone or group. It's clear I'm going to have to let this go, because I know it's not good on anyone's account for me to write a homogenized version of a topic, one that can fit into the framework of any mindset. I'm afraid I've already done that a few times and it really dumbs down the quality of a piece.

I'm feeling the need right now to have some private space--some little corner in these pages just for me to have my own process. Perhaps I'm missing my journal--that's a real possibility. At the same time, we are deep into the balsamic phase of the moon. This is the traditional time to release into the dark void all the remains of the day. It is like the quiet and empty time after the celebration of the harvest. The time for the fields to be fallow and the people to to enter into the sabbath--to rest and renew their energies. Perhaps that can explain how I'm feeling now and why I have no inspiration or energy for holding the form--for staying the course. It's time for change and renewal.

The balsamic or dark moon period is definitely a time for release and regeneration of our energies, a time for regrouping, and as the phase of the moon becomes new (as it does this Sunday the 12th at 6:02 CDT here in Houston), we are offered an opening to connection with our deeper store of consciousness. Here we have the opportunity for sorting through all that is and scrying for what is our next best focus for manifestation. This is the time for the insemination of a new plan, one that can be developed over the next month's moon cycle . It is the time of new beginnings.

Be patient and rest, my child, says Old Mother Moon. Be at peace, for we will begin anew when the time is right. Then we will have all the insight we need for developing the new form, one that will serve us well in the days to come.

4 comments:

Confessions from the sandwich generation said...

I like to call it "Me Time". But you are such an accomplished writer, when you set down your "Me Time" on this blog, others enjoy taking the trip with you. (including me!)

In her own Voice said...

aaawww, thanks, csg! Glad you stopped by!

yours truly said...

Just stopped by to say "hi" and read your words of wisdom. Boy, personal time is so important, so understand completely.

We've got a full moon coming up ... don't forget to put out your stones.

Have a great weekend!
Lora

In her own Voice said...

Thanks for reminding me about putting out the stones, Lora! I will be doing my full moonwalk either late tonight or early in the morning. The exact FM here in Houston is at 5:35 am...not too early for my body rhythms! More than likely I'll see the moon set and the sun rise on my walk. That should give even more of a feeling of revelation to this full moon and total lunar eclipse.

Glad you stopped by!
Linda