Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Blog Housekeeping--Topic Areas

Well I’m beginning to settle in and make myself at home here—I’ve learned to navigate around pretty well and to make the tools work for me. I’ve definitely seen more artistic looking sites, but I’ll get around to blog décor as time goes on. I have been focused, in these beginning days, on getting some of my writing out there (or in here) and on developing a daily writing practice.

I’m some days torn between keeping up a conversation with the various people I’ve met so far--and pursuing my own writing ideas. I’ll probably do a little of both, so if you come here hungry for interaction, not necessarily with me, but with others who may be commenting, and you see one of my prose pieces on top, I invite you to scroll down. You may find just one or two entries down, a piece that is more light weight or to your interest.

There are many subjects I’d like to introduce here and elaborate upon, perhaps drawing others into thinking and talking about, but I don’t want to have such a diverse spread of topics that it begins to seem chaotic. Apparently it works well in building a group of readers when you have a theme that can be counted upon. People do like the comfortable feeling of familiarity and predictability. Right?

So maybe if I just list the various subjects or areas I’d like to develop here, then you who come could depend on finding at least one of those topics to be the subject or the material of that day’s post. Does that sound like a deal?
____________________________________________________________________________________
OK, so the topic areas will be current events with links of interest (which may just be those in my life, or it may be my take on something going on “out there”); the emotional and sexual side of relationships (attitudes about Love, Sex, and Money); how to manifest your desires using the moon phases for your guide (which will incorporate some of the current astrological aspects, giving you a head’s up about the climate surrounding the success of your project); my own personal life exploration, hopefully written in a way that might be helpful to you for your own personal evolution; then, not to neglect my enjoyment of poetic release, an area of poetry or poetic prose.
____________________________________________________________________________________



How’s that for a little organization?

No comments: